Wednesday, March 10, 2010

New Flower Tubes

Wow, I meant to post this announcement two days ago but have been involved helping my daughter with Hanna, who has been very ill. In fact, she is in the hospital and has been since yesterday. She has pneumonia and was not responding the antibiotic prescribed for her and took a turn for the worse yesterday afternoon. That was when Sue (my daughter) took her back to the E.R. and the hospital admitted her. So I took care of Joshua both Monday and Tuesday and Aly today - been crazy here. I am pleased and blessed to tell you that Hanna is doing much, much better. When I went to see her late this afternoon, she had color back in her face, was no longer on oxygen and not running any fever. Her goal, she told me, was that she wanted to go home tomorrow. She says the food isn't good and she didn't sleep well last night. :)
Anyway, I uploaded these two new tubes to the store at Secret City Treasures over the weekend and had intended to tell you all about them on Monday. The first is another lavender rose - can you tell how much I love these? The funny thing is that the actual flower is not all that pretty; it is the opening bud that I love so much.



The second tube is one I did from a photo of one of the beautiful orchids that my daughter-in-law has grown from my mom's orchid plants. Both she and my son take good, loving care of the plants and the results are stunning. It is normally not a warm enough climate here for them but they fixed up a "lean-to" type thing along with shade cloth to protect them from the hot sun and keep them warm in our cold winters. My son then put a mister system over them. Well, they are just lovely!



Click on over to Secret City Treasures, log in and take a look at all the designers' new items while you are there. Oh, just so you know, my friend, Liz, is the owner of Secret City Treasures and she offers a service of tubing elements for you. She is an awesome tuber too. Come check my new goodies!

1 comment:

makeyesup said...

Lovely flowers, happy to hear your daughter is on the mend.