Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Autumn Quick Page

Hello, all! No grandchild today since it is Veteran's Day so I did some tubing (extracting) but will be a good girl and not do any more for a couple of days. Hands hurting is not fun but I sure do love to tube! Bummer. Since it is Veteran's Day, please take a moment and thank God for our military. I know it isn't "fashionable" to do that any more but many men and women have lost their lives in wars and skirmishes. I am a war orphan myself. My father, who was in the Army Air Corps, died one month before I was born. The only information I have about him is stories told to me since I was little. There are thousands out there like me. Some of you may be one too. Remember this: many, if not most, of the people serving in the military in the past and now volunteered to put their lives on the line for US. They are not fighting for a person, or a superior officer or a political party...they were and are fighting for their nation.
Your freebie today is a quick page that I made after looking at a scrapbooking magazine. What an eye-opener that was! I had NO idea that this was such a big thing. There are all kinds of tools you can buy for cutting, crimping, gluing, etc. not to mention what you can make sewing or on your computer. Wow. Anyway, the quick page is 12x12 inches at 300 dpi so you can print it. Inside the bookplate and frame is transparent for you to place your photos.

The people in my quick page are my son and his family. The photos are a few years old but it is hard to nail them down for photos. :) Mikey is now 15 and about 5'10" and Aly is now 12 and my height (5'6") and both are growing like weeds. I have a feeling that they both are going to be very tall. I mentioned above about my dad - well he was 6'7"! His brother was 6'4" so the genetics are there for the grandchildren to be tall. I suspect Hanna and Joshua will be tall too. My son is 6'2" and my daughter is 5'10" so, tall is it! I am the short one now. How did that happen? lol
You can get the zip file for the quick page at GBL Creations by logging in, clicking on my designer name and then taking a look. It should be on the first page. Be sure and look at some of the other new things my fellow designers have put together while you are there. I did get an error message when entering my new items at the store so please let me know right away if you have any problem downloading the file.

No comments: